Sunday, November 1, 2009

It's November 1st

Wow. How did that happen? This is a day I've been looking forward to...and now that it is here I feel unprepared.

I guess I'd better back up a bit and explain.

Some of you may remember this post where I told you about signing up to participate in a writer's workshop. I never properly recorded my experiences there on my blog (which I intend to remedy). One of the things I learned about was National Novel Writing Month, which just happens to be November. The goal is 50,000 words in 30 days. The goal is not to write a publishable novel (though if you happen to do it--great!), the goal is to develop the habit of writing. I've been so excited to try it this year!

Now it's here. And, my life just isn't where I thought it would be. I still have Super Saturday silliness hanging over my head. My house is even more trashed than usual because I haven't been home for the last three weeks. And, we're out of milk.

But...I'm going to do it anyway.

I don't know how I'll squish it in with all the backed up laundry, dishes, clutter, uncompleted canning (fermenting apples in the garage, anyone?), and extra-curricular activities (the PTA's got me in charge of Reflections), but I'm going to go for it.

I know of two friends who were also planning to participate, so with any luck we'll all cross this finish line together. And, if things go terribly awry, I can always play along with National Blog Posting Month. (Who knew that November was made for writers. ;) )

2 comments:

Carin said...

Good luck Wendy I am sure that you will write something fabulous!

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

Good luck! I have faith in you! BTW...I got roped into Reflections too. Ugh.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails