Friday, November 13, 2009

A Friday Funny and Introducing Favorite Photo Friday

Here's the funny:

Renaissance Man and Bob were driving home from Grandma's house tonight. They were listening to the oldies radio station when America's "Horse With No Name" came on.

Bob:"Daddy, why doesn't the horse have a name?"
RM: "They just didn't ever give the horse a name, I think."
Bob: "I think I know what I would name him."
RM: "Oh really? What's that?"
Bob: "Blank."
RM: "Blank?"
Bob: "Yeah, Blank."
RM: "Like an empty line?"
Bob: "Yeah, Blank."


Favorite Photo Friday:

I am blatantly stealing this from my friend Sarah. I decided it was a really cool feature on her blog and that I want to do it too. So, thanks, Sarah, for the inspiration. I'm going to try to share one of my favorite photos every Friday. Let me know if I forget. :)

In May of 2007 we went to a community event at our local high school. While we were there, we stopped by the school's greenhouse and bought a bunch of plants for a really good price. Sunshine Boy found a flower that he kept bending over to see so that they were directly at eye level with each other. He simply fell in love. The teacher was uncertain exactly what kind of flower it was since it was a freebie and not a variety they had planted that year. However, to this untrained eye it was clearly a daisy. After a couple of conversations with the flower, Sunshine Boy determined that HIS name was Mimi and that he was very happy to come to live in our garden.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Funny story, I love the idea for a Favorite photo Friday! Cute picture too!

Helena said...

LOL! Kate recently got a rubber dinosaur with an orange patch on his back, and named him Patchy. We noticed that the orange was coming off, so she said, "After it comes off his name will be Blanky."

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails