Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Holiday Happy

I just wanted to share with you one of those "little things" that is making me happy right now. Two years ago I stumbled upon this at my local grocery store.



I am an herbal tea fan and it sounded so yummy I had to try it. I was right. It was perfect, probably my second favorite flavor ever. I bought a couple more boxes before the season was over. When they were all gone a few months later, I was sad. I made a mental note to watch for it the next year. Yay me! Something else to look forward to for the holidays.

Last holiday season came and went, but though I kept an eye open for Ginger Snappish, I never saw it anywhere. So sad!!

A couple of week's ago I stopped into the brand new WinCo grocery store in our area to check it out. (I must admit, I felt a bit overwhelmed. But, I digress.) As I'm nearing the check out stand, what do I see? An entire display of Ginger Snappish and it's sister, Eggnogg'n (which alas is a black tea flavor, so I had to pass it by). It was even on sale for a very good price. I promptly put three boxes in my basket. I may even go back and get more. :D

For those of you who are now curious, here is the description of Ginger Snappish from the Bigelow Tea website.

A snappy ginger herbal tea with a subtle hint of lemon! Bigelow's All Natural Ginger Snappish Herbal Tea...take a special moment just for you! This delicious caffeine-free herbal tea is a blend of ginger with a hint of lemon. 20 individually foil wrapped tea bags per box.

And, here is the list of ingredients:

lemongrass, lemon peel, cinnamon, ginger, lemon verbena, rose hips, natural gingersnap, and natural lemon flavor with other natural flavors (soy lecithin), licorice root, citric acid

If we're lucky, my very cool Master Herbalist sister-in-law will chime in and tell us all about the wonderful healthful properties of these various herbs. Then I might be able to tell you why it is that I crave this stuff. :D

Happy holiday find for me!

4 comments:

Ang said...

mmm...sounds yummy. I'll have to try it! Hope you stocked up!

Natalie said...

How fun! I keep trying to like herbal tea and even got on a chamomile kick for a while there. I'll have to be on the lookout for this.

MamaBug said...

Natalie...I can see where it would be hard to "get into" herbal tea where you live. Does it EVER get cool enough to want a hot beverage?

Natalie said...

Not so much. :) My kids have never owned coats.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails