Saturday, November 28, 2009

Word Count & A Forgotten Favorite Photo Friday

Some of you may have noticed that my word count ticker for NaNoWriMo hasn't moved for several weeks. Truthfully, I wish I had done better than I have. However, I'm not feeling sorry for myself in the least. There were several factors that conspired against me. I let them and I'm okay with that. By participating in even a very limited way this year, I have already learned a TON that will prepare me for actually finishing the next time I attempt this. (Which I may very soon. Who cares if it isn't actually in November if I knock out 50,000 words in one month.)

I do want to share one little point of victory. I may not have been writing in a novel everyday this month, but I have made at least a small blog entry every day in November so far. It has been pretty fulfilling and a ton of fun. I just spent a few minutes doing a bit of tallying. Prior to the start of this entry, I have blogged approximately 6497 words between this blog and my private blog. If you add that to what I did on my novel and you'll get about 7225 words.

Not too bad. Definitely more than I've written in any given month for YEARS. It's good practice and I'm grateful for it.

I also realized today that in the hubbub of Black Friday shopping, I neglected to post a favorite photo for Favorite Photo Friday, so here it is now. I can't look at this one without breaking into a fit of giggles.



This one is SO BOB!! It was taken 3/07, just as Bob was approaching his 2nd birthday. Here he is in all his messy faced glory, riding the toy horse that Princess Bug brought home from the circus. Oh, he makes me laugh! This was before our kitchen/front room remodel and you can see the old icky brown cabinets, the big hole in the linoleum, and the horrible dark brown carpet. Nice. Yup, I don't miss those at all. :D

P.S. I'm giving you all fair warning that I'll be fiddling around with my backgrounds for a bit. Last time I did that, I was driving my sister-in-law all sorts of crazy and she had to come back later. :P

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

That picture totally made me laugh! I'm just impressed he can stay on the horse!

Kate said...

Ha ha!! You're talking about me aren't you?

MamaBug said...

Yup. :D

Helena said...

That picture is a hoot.

I've been having fun checking out the tips at http://www.blogbulk.com/2007/03/add-columns-to-blogger-footer-we-are.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails