Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I guess it's that time of year.

There comes a point in every year when the siren pull finally becomes too strong and I finally yield to temptation. Today I went seeking Christmas music. I didn't listen to a whole lot, but I went seeking Christmas music to soothe my ruffled nerves. Not all Christmas music will do this for me, of course. Just like contemporary music, there are certain styles that don't appeal to me. But, there are certain songs that make me happy, calm, etc. I'm going to try to assemble a holiday favorites playlist soon. In the meantime, here's a favorite with a little video. :)



I'm behind in my blog reading again. I'll catch up with you all again soon!

6 comments:

Kate said...

Lars bans Christmas music from the house until after Thanksgiving. He informed me the year after we got married - putting his foot down and all that.

And truth be told - I've totally got a playlist for my blog ready to go :).

**MIGNONNE** said...

I doubt you are looking for suggestions but, Martina McBride put out a Christmas album several years ago. Her voice is like an angel. We love it. It isn't country twangy, it's just beautiful.

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

As much as I LOVE Christmas music it seems weird to listen to it right now. I'm not quite ready. Maybe cause Thanksgiving is my very favorite holiday and I don't want anything to get in the way of focusing on that. That being said, I am fully into my Christmas shopping and have been practicing Christmas music with my various choirs for weeks now. :)

Helena said...

This is my favorite: http://www.cranfordpub.com/mp3s/barramacneils3.mp3

Cynthia said...

I downloaded a lot of I-Tunes Christmas music last year. I should put some on just to annoy my Spouse who hates how early it all starts!

MamaBug said...

Kate...I can understand banning the "Jingle Bell Rock" & "Here Come Santa" stuff. But, not the Christmas hymns or classical (instrumental) stuff. In my opinion, nothing brings the Spirit faster than Christmas hymns. Tell Lars he's a humbug.

Mignonne, I put the album on hold at the library. I'm not really a country girl, but I'm willing to give it a listen.

Sarah, I'm not listening full tilt yet. Just in pieces and snatches. :)

Helena, love that!! That is precisely the kind of thing I've been seeking out. I don't think I've yet heard Barra MacNeils I have liked.

Cindy...Ha! Annoying each other, exactly what the Christmas spirit is all about. :P ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails