Thursday, August 20, 2009

What Have I Done?

About a week ago I was reading Shannon Hale's blog. On her blog she mentioned that she was going to be involved with the 2nd Annual Writing for Charity Event to benefit Treehouse Museum in Ogden. I followed the link and read the details. I though it sounded really cool. I told RM about it. He asked me if I wanted to go...I decided to think about it.

Flash forward to last night. I was at the bridal shower of one of my BFFs. One of my good friends from high school, Candy, was also in attendance. Candy is an author about to publish her first book. (Everyone who has previewed it is RAVING about how good it is.) I asked how things were going with her book and chatted with her about writing in general. I mentioned Writing for Charity to her and told her I was thinking about going. She got excited. She looked at me with a gleam in her eye and said, "Let's go together!"

So, late last night Candy registered. Sometime mid-morning, I registered. Not only did I register, but I signed up to have my "work evaluated by one of the event’s participating authors." Here's the real kicker...I HAVEN'T WRITTEN ANYTHING NEW IN YEARS AND I HAVE NO MATERIAL PREPARED!!

What was I thinking??

So, um, I guess I'd better get going and write a first page of a manuscript, huh?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck! I know you'll do great. It is fun to do things you are passionate about.

Carin said...

Better get on it girl!

Kate said...

Yes! Way to go! Maybe this is the kick in the pants you've been needing? Keep us updated on this.

Natalie said...

Wow! This is super exciting! It sounds like an awesome opportunity for you!

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

I think it's great!! Good luck!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails