Friday, August 14, 2009

Crazy 8's

Well, this is a new one for me. I've been blog tagged! (I've had this happen on Facebook, but not here. I'm just too new to it all.) I guess Mignonne noticed that I've been hanging out at her blog and decided to initiate me. :D

Here's my lists of 8:

Eight things I did yesterday:

1. Went to the doctor for a strep test. Joy.
2. Lots and lots of laundry.
3. Loaded the dishwasher.
4. Rescheduled a date/playdate because of the aforementioned strep. Boo!
5. Added a bunch of blogs to my following list. It's fun to find friends' blogs.
6. Began reading Shannon Hale's River Secrets.
7. Made homemade pizza for dinner.
8. Stayed up WAY too late surfing the net and watching TV streaming from Hulu.

Eight Favorite Shows
Ok...so this is going to be tricky. Confession time. I own a 13" color TV and don't have cable. That HDTV converter box has more than doubled my available stations. On the other hand, I own a 22" flat screen computer monitor. Can you see my priorities here? :P So, the first three are the only shows I watch consistently. The others I watch now and again when I happen to catch them, or are favorites from my childhood, or I've watched on DVD or streaming online.

1. Bones
2. House, M.D.
3. American Idol
4. Dharma & Greg
5. Stargate SG-1
6. Enterprise
7. Star Trek: The Next Generation
8. Um...LDS General Conference? Nova? OH! I really liked ER for awhile...Or New Amsterdam, but they canceled that after the first season...

Eight Favorite Restaurants
Like I actually get to go to these places, right?

1. Bennihana - I think I can count the times I've been there one hand. Definitely special occasion stuff. Great food & fun.
2. Pizza Perfect - A great little restaurant in Centerville, UT. Yummy food and a memory place for RM and me.
3. Magic Wok - A local Chinese restaurant that I have affectionately nicknamed "The Jaundiced Lion" because of the unfortunate way they have painted the stone lion statues out front. Great food though. :D
4. Dee's Family Restaurant -- Wisconsin Cheese Soup & Cobb Salad
5. Leatherby's Family Creamery -- Everything there is great, especially on girls' night out.
6. The Spaghetti Factory -- Mizithra Cheese ala Homer or Lasagna and lots & lots of bread.
7. Sconecutter - Probably my favorite fast food type. My favorite menu item is actually a pita sandwich, not a scone. :)
8. The Roof -- I've only been once and I'm dying to go again.

Eight Things I Look Forward To:

1. RM's graduation.
2. Fall
3. Singing Christmas Hymns in church
4. Being out of debt
5. School starting
6. Hiring a housekeeper
7. Taking an art history tour of the world
8. Becoming a published author

Eight things on my wish list:

1. Ella Fitzgerald Sings the Cole Porter Songbook
2. A second bathroom in my house.
3. New carpet in the bedrooms.
4. A working TV tuner card in my computer.
5. Guilt free scrapbooking/writing time.
6. Scrap Simple and/or Page Maps
7. A doTerra essential oils diffuser
8. A getaway with RM

Eight People I Tag
Here's the real question...Do 8 people even read my blog? Play along if you feel like it. :D

1. The Mamma Bear
2. Kate
3. Christine W.
4. Trashy
5. Helena
6. Sarah
7. Natalie
8. April

4 comments:

Gennifer said...

So, since so many of us are naming Leatherby's as a favorite restaurant...

Is it good because girls gather there, or do girls gather there because it's good?

MamaBug said...

I think the company makes a really good restaurant great! I love to go there because it's just yummy. But, I seldom manage to go unless there is a special reason, like a gathering of girls. :D

Natalie said...

Is the Natalie me or another Natalie you know? If it's me, here's a similar tag I posted a while back. Good to hear I'm not the only person who likes Sconecutter enough to put it on my list! Pita sandwiches rock!

http://adventuresincarpooling.blogspot.com/2008/11/ive-been-tagged-for-first-time-ever.html

christine said...

Now I really want to go to Leatherby's! And have a girls night!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails