Sunday, January 17, 2010

Pondering on the fragility of life...

I received word this morning that a friend who used to live in our ward passed away yesterday. (You can read about the circumstances here.) My heart is breaking for her family.

My heart is also breaking for the people of Haiti. Whenever wide scale disasters like this happen, my head and heart just reel thinking about how many people are just "gone".

I'm grateful for my testimony of the Plan of Salvation. I'm grateful that I know that our Heavenly Father loves us, knows each one of us personally, and is there for us in our needs. I'm grateful for my Savior and for the hope that comes with the promise of the resurrection. And, I pray for the comfort of the Holy Ghost for those in need of His comfort at this time.

3 comments:

Ang said...

It is a hard time right now. Though I don't know anyone in Haiti I just can't imagine how heartbreaking it must be to lose so many loved ones at a time and see your world around you completely in rubble.

Unknown said...

How sad for that little family who use to be in your ward. I too am grateful for the plan of salvation and for my knowledge. It would be even harder to wrap your head around things like that without it.

Kassie said...

Wendy,
I'm so glad you found me! I didn't know I was lost. JK! I've missed my squirrely friends.
I was browsing your blog a bit. I can't believe how big your kids are getting. Times just doesn't slow down for us, does it?
Don't know if you read further in my blog, but the last year has been so crazy for me. Had baby #8, up and moved back to my hometown, doing the long-distance marriage thing until our house in Provo sells. It's nuts, I tell you.
Are you on Facebook? I am Kassie Barton Welch if you are and want to be my friend there.
Fun to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails