Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Must Share Recipe

I went to book group at my mom's house today. We discussed The Long Walk: The True Story of a Trek to Freedom by Slavomir Rawicz. I'll post a review if anyone is interested. Apparently, it's being made into a movie, The Way Back.

Anyway, the lady who brought our treat brought these...and they were AMAZING.

Blueberry Citrus Bars
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
2-1/4 cups unsifted flour
½ cup finely chopped pecans
4 eggs
1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup ReaLemon* Lemon juice from Concentrate
1 tsp. baking powder
1-1/2 cups fresh or thawed frozen blueberries (I used about 2 cups fresh)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat butter in medium sized bowl with mixer until fluffy. Add powdered sugar; beat until combined. Beat in 2 cups of the flour. Stir in 1/4 cup of the pecans. Press on bottom of greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Bake 20 minutes or until golden.
2. Meanwhile, for filling, combine eggs, granulated sugar, ReaLemon, baking powder and remaining 1/4 cup flour in large bowl. Beat with mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. (Filling is quite runny.)
3. Sprinkle berries over prepared and partially baked crust. Top with filling and remaining 1/4 cup pecans. Bake 30 to 35 minutes longer or until set and top is lightly golden. Cool.
4. Sift additional powdered sugar over top. Cut into bars. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.
Makes 24 to 36 bars.

Good things:
-Blueberry Citrus Bars
-The Long Walk
-Book Group with my Mom & Aunt

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun afternoon. I love to read, and I of course love goodies. I couldn't think of a better afternoon. Those blueberry bars sound delicious! I'll have to try them for sure.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails