Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I Get By With A Little Help From My (Blogging) Friends

Or at least I hope I do. :D

As you can tell, I'm trying to do a little updating around here. But, I'm running into the new Design Template issues. Apparently I can't change the colors of my text, etc. without directly altering the HTML without updating to the new Design Template. The big problem? The default template that my current blog is built upon is not available in the new Design Template. Most of the free background sites I frequent have recommended the Minima template as a base. I found one site that gave a recommendation of the Picture Window background or the Awesome Inc. background instead of Minima, but the problem so far is that those backgrounds are all 2 column, and I'm a 3 column girl. Does anyone have instructions for altering the new templates for 3 column? I noticed that some of you have switched to a new tabbed format, which is pretty cool.

Any suggestions for this pathetically-behind-the-times-HTML-impaired-wanna-be blogger?

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Wendy, I have been playing around with it for a few days. I am not sold on some aspects and really like others. For example, adding pictures was a bit more challenging. Once I figured that out, however, I really like the options that came along with it. I also like the layout options and width adjustments. Good luck! If you hit a snag, send me note. Most likely, I have ran/or will run into the same issues.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails