Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Importance of an Apostrophe...Or Lack Thereof

There is a company that advertises on the radio here. Their spokesman bugs me to no end. He always strikes me as greasy and untrustworthy...which is really bad when you are a mortgage company. I've heard him deliver the company's motto countless times and today I finally had to look it up to see what I have been hearing. The motto is: Committed to Saving Our Neighbors Money.

But, I swear to you that every time I hear him deliver the line on one of the commercials it feels like he's saying: Committed to Saving Our Neighbor's (or Neighbors') Money. Right into his own bank account. :P

So, there you have it. Was that post random enough for you? :D

2 comments:

Helena said...

Ha! Yep, that would be a significant difference.

(It's "apostrophe.")

MamaBug said...

Tee hee...I knew it didn't look quite right. But, I was rather in a hurry as I typed. :D Off to edit.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails