Thursday, September 24, 2009

I laughed, I cried, it moved me, Bob.

Tonight Renaissance Man and the kids were watching some Rube Goldberg machine videos on You Tube. One of the videos had Bach's "Air on G String" playing in the background. Part way through the video, Bob says, "Daddy this pretty music makes me want to cry."

Who knew my busy boy would be so touched by classical music. I think we'll have to listen to it more often. Goodness knows I own more than enough to get him started.

Later, as Bob and RM related the story to me I asked a rather flippant question to tease RM. "Are you sure he was reacting to the music? With Daddy's engineering genes, are you sure he wasn't reacting to the beautiful machine?" Where upon Princess Bug burst into a fit of giggles that didn't end for several minutes. Apparently I'm even funnier than I thought. :)

4 comments:

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

Are you Veggie Tale fans at your house? :) I recognize your title...

MamaBug said...

Huge Veggie Tales fans. I think we were some of the first fans in Utah. We discovered them through RM's brother out in Omaha about 2 years before they showed up here.

Unknown said...

Cute post...it made me smile!

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

We've been fans for a LONG time...but obviously not as long as you. :) I LOVE Veggie Tales! SO funny and clever. Lilian's favorite right now is "The Land of Ha's." (Or whatever the official title is...)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails