Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I Crossed A Big One Off My List Today

You might have noticed that I haven't been blogging much lately. Truth be told, I have been running my dogs off so hard and fast lately that I just haven't found the time to park my fanny in a chair and type. Shall we make a list of just some of the things I've been up to?

PTA meetings
Birthday parties (most 45 minutes away by freeway)
Canning (green beans, dilly beans, dill pickles & tomatoes so far)
Bridal Showers
My best friend's wedding
A writer's workshop
Back to school shopping
Preparing craft samples and sign up sheets for a Super Saturday Craft activity
Catching a cold
Preparing for a huge Enrichment activity
Attending a concert
Relief Society Presidency meetings

I'm sure there are others, but I'm drawing a blank.

Things I have been ignoring:
My laundry
My dishes
My house cleaning
My blog
The blogs of my friends
And to at least some degree, my family

Again, I'm sure there is more that could be added to the list.

However, I'm thrilled to say that I crossed a major consumer of my time off the list tonight. Tonight was the Enrichment activity that I have been planning for months.

This is the one where we discussed low energy cooking methods (dutch oven, applebox oven, wonderbox, solar oven, rocket stove), invited everyone 18+ to attend and arranged for a nursery. This is the one where we had 50 sign up to come (and had an amazing 40+ show up). The one where we prepared most of dinner for 50 people using the aforementioned low energy cooking methods. The one that got moved to a new location two days before it was supposed to happen.

It went really, really well. (Someone commented to me that we have had ward parties less well attended. ;)) People were very receptive to the information we had for them (low energy cooking methods great for emergency preparedness). They liked what we cooked for dinner and they asked lots of questions. I think it went just about as good as it could get. We had a few minor glitches (like my Enrichment Committee who didn't stay to help clean up) but I was so happy things went well that I didn't mind too much.

And, there was also a really lovely Karma moment related to why we had to move things at the last minute. You'll have to ask me about it someday. :D

I am so grateful to Renaissance Man. I couldn't have done this without my wonderful husband. He has been so supportive and worked so hard helping me find resources, building projects for me, putting up with a bombed house, and generally being indispensably helpful. I love him so much. I'm also grateful for a very supportive Relief Society presidency and Enrichment Committee (who, despite leaving the clean up to me, the committee chair and the other members of the RS presidency, came through for me with the critical things at the critical moment).

But, mostly I'm glad it's all over. :D

Now it's time to tackle a few more of those projects, big and small, on my list.

P.S. Did I mention that I have 40lbs of fresh chicken breasts in my refrigerator waiting to be cut up and canned/frozen tomorrow?

3 comments:

**MIGNONNE** said...

I am glad it was a success. You are also making me glad that I am no longer the Enrichment Leader!

Gennifer said...

YAY! What a huge list you've accomplished... it made me tired just reading about it!

Unknown said...

Your enrichment activity sounded like a lot of fun. Those are always such a ton of work. Good luck with your other projects and your chicken!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails