Sunday, July 12, 2009

Taking the Plunge

I've considered starting my own blog for years. In fact, people are often surprised that I don't already have one. One thing that has continually held me back is the notion that I don't have enough time to blog. Well, I've finally come to the conclusion that that is just an excuse. I have more than enough time in my life to blog/write/exercise/scrapbook/journal (fill in the blank with whatever dream deferred) if I am willing to give up something else less meaningful in my life. So, here goes.

From now on I'm going to try to be better, to be truer to who I am and who I want to be. I'm going to try to spend my "free" time in better ways, to live more deliberately, more deeply. I'm hoping that this blog will be a step in the right direction. After all, isn't a blog a little bit like a journal and a scrapbook? Couldn't it help me get into the habit of writing again? The only thing it won't do is get my fanny out of my chair and running a marathon. So, if you see me hanging around refreshing just to see if anyone has read my blog or left a comment in the last ten minutes, gently but firmly tell me to get the heck off the internet and go live in the real world.

Oh, and please pardon my dust while we're under construction. :)

P.S. Brownie points to anyone who can spot my English major nerdiness seeping through. There will only be brownie points, not actual brownies, because, well, this is the internet and because I'm trying to give up brownies and other sweets in general.

4 comments:

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! Personally, I think it's tons of fun. I enjoy it even more than facebook and you know how much I'm on there! :)

Jessica said...

Welcome...we've been waiting:) You know I love doing this. In all honesty blogging has helped me focus on the fun things my kids do/say, find the humor in the moments and look for the silver linings. It also has taught me a lot about myself. So there you go-good luck!

Natalie said...

Look at you! One day up and your blog is already decorated and cute! I've been blogging for years and I'm still figuring all this stuff out!

April said...

She blogs! Go Wendy go. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails