Thursday, July 16, 2009

I see how you are...

So, Renaissance Man visited with his brother and brother's wife yesterday. She is a fan of blogging and has encouraged me to begin blogging for quite some time. According to him, she likes my blog, but was complaining that I haven't posted anything new for a couple of days...Not even a week as a blogger and already receiving criticism. ;) (Love you, K!)

The fact of the matter is that I've been trying to get comfortable here in my new home. You may have noticed a few new thing-a-ma-bobs showing up in the sidebars and footer. I'm sure a few more will pop in from time to time.

I've spent WAY too much time playing around with my Playlist widget creating an eclectic playlist that is ridiculously long (and growing). I think I may eventually break it into some mini playlists that I'll rotate around. I opted not to have the beastie auto play, so if you want to hear the crazy collection of songs I like, you'll have to go press play. It also bugs me that so far I haven't been able to size it so it fits nicely in my sidebar. You'll have to go search it out at the bottom of the page.

I've also been thinking about what I want to talk about on my blog and trying to decide if a single blog is the right venue for everything on my mind. I don't think it is. So, I'll probably (who am I kidding, will) start a second companion blog to this one where I can be a bit more personal/private. That one I'll password protect since it will be much, much closer to a personal journal than to a soapbox.

Password protecting...grr. Many of you know how much I struggled to decide what form of "security" to impliment here. I finally decided to keep this blog public, which was my inclination, but to give everyone pseudonyms. Can I tell you how much it irritates me that I even have to think about the miniscule chance that some crazy stalker will try to find my family? The basic instict to protect my family is at war with the attention seeking part of me that would secretly love to have my humble blog grow into something as popular as The Pioneer Woman's.

So, there you have it. Confessions of paranoia and delusions all in one post. Now aren't you glad you stopped by today?

1 comment:

Kate said...

HEY!! I didn't complain about anything! I told him I loved your blog, that it's fun to see what you guys are up to and that I'm just as addicted to the whole thing as you are! Totally fun. NO COMPLAINING!! I'm so happy you've started blogging. Give Mr. R a kick in the bum for me, will ya?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails