Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Fun Link for My Fellow Foodies

Just wanted to pop in quickly and share a fun link for those who love food as much as I do.

Renaissance Man is a big fan of youtube. He is forever finding cool new things to watch and learn about. It's very common for him to spend time with the kids watching "how it's made" videos. Recently he found a video on how to cook onion rings. That lead us on a link to link chase through numerous videos by the same entertaining poster, foodwishes. Not only did many of these videos make my mouth water, they made me giggle too. So, without further ado, here's a link to the Foodwishes blog as well as a video clip to the onion ring recipe that started it all.

(By the way, I didn't find the Panko bread crumbs the recipe calls for at the grocery store on Saturday, so we used regular bread crumbs. Bad idea, they were a bit too much on the soft side and way too greasy. However, I am on a quest to find the right bread crumbs and try it again. :) )



Next up on my "New Recipe To Try" list: Bumblebee Soup.

6 comments:

Helena said...

Doug made some Indian onion rings once that were soooo good. And very complicated, which may be why he's only done it once.

Tracie said...

At Harmon's the panko bread crumbs on are the asian isle. I love them!! It's a very small box (mine is green). They are also sometimes by the other breadcrumbs but usually in the asian isle.

Gennifer said...

Look for Panko in the Asian section. If my little grocery store has it, I bet yours does, too! :)

MamaBug said...

Thanks ladies! I didn't even thing to check the Asian section.

Twisted Chicken said...

WinCo has Panko in the bulk section.

Twisted Chicken said...

Wow, wow, WOW! Those onion rings are incredible! So fast and easy and so, so good! My husband just said "Can you make more of those?!" Thanks for posting that site. I think I'll spend some more time there tonight.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails